News/Events » Top 10 Nigeria News For This Week That You Need To Know by: FUNMINIYIIDOWUT(m) .:. Fri, 10 Feb, 2023 - 08:26:36:am GMT
The following are the brief of Nigeria news for this morning.
1. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday said it allocates new naira notes to banks on a daily basis. CBN Director, Consumer Protection, Mrs Rashidat Monguno said this in Offa, Kwara State, on Thursday, attributing scarcity of the redesigned notes to sabotage by some commercial banks.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of a Presidential Transition Council to facilitate and manage the handing over of power by his government. Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, announced this in Abuja on Thursday.
3. The National Universities Commission (NUC) has directed Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities to close universities during the upcoming 2023 elections. This was contained in a letter directed to all Vice Chancellors dated 3rd February and signed by the Deputy Executive Secretary (Administration) for the Executive Secretary, Dr Chris J. Maiyaki.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Sokoto, told the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Mohammed Sa'ad Abubakar 111 that with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Nigeria is in a safe hand. President Buhari stated this when he led the APC presidential campaign team on a courtesy call to the Sultan.
5. The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami has said the Federal Government would comply with the order of the Supreme Court for the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to suspend its scheduled deadline for the use of the old N200, N500 and N1000 banknotes. Malami, who had filed a preliminary objection to challenge the apex court order, said the government would abide by it until it is set aside.
6. The National Security Adviser, NSA, Babagana Monguno has said naira scarcity and the cashless policy will affect military personnel deployed to remote places. Monguno stated this on Thursday at the hearing organised by an adhoc committee of the House of Representatives looking into currency redesign and naira swap policy.
7. The Federal Government, on Thursday, commenced the deployment of security agencies to filling stations across the country to enforce the use of Point of Sale machines and the acceptance of bank transfers at the various outlets.
8. A yet-t👎be-identified soldier has allegedly stabbed a ticket agent, Ibrahim Ikudaisi, aka Guardian, to death over N100 ticket in the Oshodi area of Lagos State. It was gathered that Ikudaisi was visiting stores to demand N100 levy from different traders in a market in Oshodi when one of the traders refused to pay him.
9. The Nigerian Communications Commission's Computer Security Incident Response Team has urged Samsung users to update their Galaxy App Store to avoid damage or disruption. NCC said it has discovered multiple vulnerabilities in the Samsung Galaxy App Store Application.
10. Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday took his campaign rally to Kano State where he reiterated his plans to reopen the borders, restore peace, ensure agriculture and industrial revolutions, among others.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria News For This Week That You Need To Know by: Obajichi(f) .:. Sat, 11 Feb, 2023 - 07:31:46:pm GMT
I support the NUC mandating universities to be shut for elections.
This will keep the students safe.
It's better to be safe than sorry.
**I love being me.**
Re: Top 10 Nigeria News For This Week That You Need To Know by: Oluwatomisin(f) .:. Sat, 18 Feb, 2023 - 10:24:58:pm GMT
Thanks for the update on the news but there are times that you don't need to hear the news because of how some can make your day feel. You need to watch what you hear so that your day can be guided by the right perspective so that you can produce good results at the end of the day.
Many of us are sad not until we hear some news then suddenly become sad that we start using that to drive our day and the way we talk to people. Some even go the extra mile of passing the news aggression on to their workers, colleagues, or students; even some allow the thoughts to take over their business.
Never allow it to take over your thoughts and ideas. There are beautiful things beyond what the news is saying. Always keep this in your heart you have to be positive no matter the circumstances.
**Always put God first **
Re: Top 10 Nigeria News For This Week That You Need To Know by: Abbey(m) .:. Wed, 22 Mar, 2023 - 05:57:26:am GMT
I won't to basically talk on the first news head line which talks about the naira scarcity , many things have been affected during these period .
I use three hundred naira to collect one thousand naira from the POS, it is now as if we use money to buy money.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria News For This Week That You Need To Know by: Obajichi(f) .:. Wed, 22 Mar, 2023 - 01:11:41:pm GMT
This is true.
I know of people who are so tired of listening or watching Nigerian news because there's nothing cheering about it.
We simply have to guide what we comes into our ears so we don't become sad and moody.
**I love being me.**